Mmmmmm Deviled Eggsssss. One of my favorite and most requested appetizers for any event!
Today I’m going to share my recipe with you. Now, I know there are 100 recipes under the sun as to how to make these yummy eggs but this is my favorite and it has been tried and true as a fan favorite in my circles. So, lets get started!
Eggs 2 dzn
Mayonnaise 9 tbsp
Ketchup 7 tbsp
Mustard 2 tsp
Salt ¼ tsp
Pepper ¼ tsp
Paprika Sprinkle for color
- Set the eggs to boil. Cook a little longer than usually so they cook well enough for the yolk and white to be firm.
- Remove from stove, pour out hot water, refill pot with cold water and ice; this will stop the cooking process and chill the eggs enough to make them easy to peel
- Cut eggs in half, long ways
- Set the egg white on your serving tray and the yolks in your mixing bowl
- Add all ingredients to the yolks in your mixing bowl and mix until creamy (bumpiness is expected, don’t over mix)
- Take a taste, does it need more salt? Pepper? Season additionally to your liking
- Fill decorating tube with mixture and fill egg halves to desired fullness
- Sprinkle paprika on top for color
- Store in refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight, then serve and enjoy!Makes 72 (Three trays)
Set the eggs to boil. Cook a little longer than usually so they cook well enough for the yolk and white to be firm
Peel eggs then cut them in half. Set egg whites on your serving tray and the yolks in a bowl
Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl
Mix well (bumpiness is expected, don’t over mix) take a taste, does it need more salt? Pepper? Season additionally to your liking then fill your piping tool with the mixture
Fill decorating tube with mixture and fill egg halves to desired fullness. Sprinkle paprika on top for color
Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours so the mixture can set and chill
** Some notes:
I make large batches because these little guys go FAST! These three trays are all gone before the end of the night with only a party of about 14.
I typically use brown eggs for this because they have proven to be easier to peel than white eggs.
You can also dress them up for an occasion like Football Sunday like I did here
Links for items used: